Emulador FCEUltra para PS2

Habla sobre los distintos emuladores y roms que podras encontrar en RetroNES, y comenta tus dudas sobre la emulación en general.
Responder
CZT
Nintender@

Emulador FCEUltra para PS2

Mensaje por CZT » Mié, 24 Ene 2007, 22:05

Pues eso, una wena noticia para todos aquellos q tenemos una ps2.... al parace han exo un port del emulador FCEUltra para la ps2

aki os dejo el texto del post original

I ported FCEUltra to PS2 to play a couple NES games on a TV in a different room for the holiday season. I have an autistic brother who loves Megaman, heh. As it's back to school season again, I don't have time to work on it anymore.

It uses the built-in savestate support and sram support, which both save to memory card @ MC0:FCEUMM/state and MC0:FCEUMM/sav, respectively.
The built-in game genie rom support works if you put the game genie rom as MC0:FCEUMM/gg.rom. I haven't used any codes, so I'm not sure if they actually work on the PS2.

Notes about the porting process:
I based my code somewhat off the structure of the fceux port to GameCube, as I needed an example at which to look. There's no sound, as just enabling it was causing a massive slowdown to 1 or 2 fps; however, it does play fullspeed without it enabled. I used gsKit to render the screen. Trying to optimize the emulator further is beyond my capability, as I think it would require utilizing the VU's and IOP. I suspect that a more experienced programmer/ps2 programmer could probably get sound and netplay working. The sound code makes wav samples, which is why I intended to use audsrv for playback. I'm pretty sure that the gamepad code is a little screwy as ps2link was giving me weird 0 modes found and etc. messages. It was late at night by the time I got it working using the ulaunchelf source and the ps2sdk example as references. I suspect it's from not checking or not initializing the dual shock functions/motors/analog or something, but the input works, so I let it be.

Some notes about the source code:
The original project source code that I ported is at sourceforge.net/projects/fceumm. The version dated fceu-mm-june16-2006-win32. It's a mapper modded version, which supports the most mappers of any FCEUltra version, I think. I tried to make as little change as possible, so using a diff utility won't be too much trouble to see the changes I made. From what I can remember:
I had to remove support from gzip compressed nes roms because of a reference to dup() which wasn't supported and it was over my head on how to implement a similar function.
Added fclose(); lines to the sram functions (was freezing the ps2 without them), changed the sav/state/gg.rom filepaths in general.c, and defined the ps2's variable types in types.h.
I commented out the call to SexyFilter in sound.c and put in a simple memcpy, as I was getting a stack overflow in the SexyFilter function.
I copied the original FCEUI_LoadGame(); function and commented it, in case I screwed up something and needed to revert.
I also commented out a call here or there to the PPU Viewer code that was in the windows sourcecode.
A list of 64-bit md5 numbers stored for SRAM support had to be modified in ines.c to two 32-bit nes numbers, then cast to 64-bit because of a type conflict or something (big thanks to DCGrendel for helping me on this by giving me an example of what to do)

Sound code & Profiling:
I included two reports with sound on and off.
To enable sound, in main.c, define samplerate as 44100 or 48000. Add -DSOUND_ON to the CFLAGS in the Makefile. This doesn't do anything but enable the FCEUltra core to process sound since I didn't add any output code.
To enable profiling, EE_CFLAGS, replace -03 with -pg, and comment out the second EE_CFLAGS line.

Instructions for use:
Supports only two roms which should go in MC0:FCEUMM/nesrom1.nes and MC0:FCEUMM/nesrom2.nes
Only the digital pad is supported for directional movement.
Cross is A.
Square is B.
Select is Select.
Start is Start.
R1 toggles through 10 savestate numbers (shows onscreen).
L2 loads savestate
R2 saves savestate
Circle closes the nesrom1.nes game (needs to be pressed to save a game's SRAM data, like in zelda type games) and then loads nesrom2.nes (pushing it again after this just reloads the second rom, but it saves sram too)

2 controllers should work, I haven't tested it though, but added support for it since it was simple to do.

Warning:
Saves and savestates use the filename of the rom, so if you replace nesrom1.nes or nesrom2.nes, delete the nesrom1.sav/nesrom1.fc# or nesrom2.sav/nesrom2.fc# with ulaunchelf first, or copy them somewhere else and rename them if you want to keep them. I'm not sure what will happen if you try, since I never did.

cah4e3 for making a version of FCEUltra with extra mapper support.
DCGrendel for his help for the stack overflow error in SexyFilter();, as well as the list of SRAM compatible md5 hashes
The entire ps2dev/ps2-scene community for PS2SDK, gsKit, and various other projects I utilized when porting FCEUltra.

And finally, here's the source, and binaries. I included packed/unpacked binaries as well as NTSC/PAL versions. I haven't tested the PAL .elfs, but they should work fine.

La verdad es q mi ingles es de pena asi q no se muy bien lo q dice, tb he intentado descargarme el emu del foro y me dice q no tngo suficientes privilegios.... si alguien puede bajarlo y me puede pasar se lo agradecere muxo :wink:

http://www.ps2-scene.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51658

jote
NES

Mensaje por jote » Jue, 25 Ene 2007, 07:20

Gracias por el aviso. Aquí lo tienes:

http://rapidshare.com/files/13280667/ps2fceu.zip
Imagen

Feli
Daisy Star

Mensaje por Feli » Jue, 25 Ene 2007, 07:32

CZT, no esperes que sea un buen emulador.
Por lo que deduzco del texto que has puesto en Ingles,
el emulador esta muy verde y no tiene sonido.

Arturo Macias
Super Jugador/a

Mensaje por Arturo Macias » Jue, 25 Ene 2007, 17:38

A que yo sepa hay uno para la Game Cube, alguien lo ha probado?

CZT
Nintender@

Mensaje por CZT » Vie, 26 Ene 2007, 11:18

Yo he probado el de la GameCube y es la caña, sobretodo x la gran compatibilidad con las roms... funcionan casi todas :D
a parte el mando de la GC es lamar de comodo y jugar se hace delicioso :D

Feli, me imagino q estara verde pero tngo esperanza en q lo saken a delante y podamos disfrutar de este emulador en la ps2, ya era hora de q lo portaran pues lo han portado para todas las consolas menos pa la ps2

Tygrus
Wart Star
Contactar:

Mensaje por Tygrus » Vie, 26 Ene 2007, 15:07

Sorry por seguir desviándome, pero quiero preguntar si para emular en gamecube es necesario tener un chip o algún disco como el game shark, o si se puede hacer en directo. Gracias.

Sobre FCE Ultra es el emulador que más uso, aunque con los comentarios que hacen sobre la pobre compatibilidad con PS2 supongo que hay que seguir usando IMBNes. Espero sinceramente que se mejore este emu para poder tenerlo en PS2, eso sí me gustaría.
Imagen
Quien controla el pasado controla el futuro; quien controla el presente... controla el pasado.

Arturo Macias
Super Jugador/a

Mensaje por Arturo Macias » Vie, 26 Ene 2007, 16:47

Asi es se necesita en la cube un mod-chip para cargar el emulador, si no ya lo tuviera yo :lol:

Me dan ganas de probarlo, es muy raro encontrar emuladores y cosas asi en la cube
Yupiiii!! Vamos a jugar NES!!
Imagen

piteta
Samus Star
Contactar:

Mensaje por piteta » Sab, 27 Ene 2007, 12:24

Tygrus escribió:Sorry por seguir desviándome, pero quiero preguntar si para emular en gamecube es necesario tener un chip o algún disco como el game shark, o si se puede hacer en directo. Gracias.

si sabes q esta mal, porque lo haces? ;)
En fin, hay un hilo en miscelanea de los chips de la cube...
Basta de tus juegos Asthar, esto es entre tu y yo.

KAISER-77
Super Jugador/a
Contactar:

Mensaje por KAISER-77 » Mar, 30 Ene 2007, 08:45

Tygrus escribió:Sorry por seguir desviándome, pero quiero preguntar si para emular en gamecube es necesario tener un chip o algún disco como el game shark, o si se puede hacer en directo. Gracias.

puedes usar tambien el metodo de carga SD+AR. Para cosas de esas es mucho mejor.

Angel Maya
Nintender@
Contactar:

Mensaje por Angel Maya » Mié, 01 Ago 2007, 04:02

Pues no lo se pero sale mejor emulado para el PS-ONE y como la PS2 puede correr juegos de la PS-ONE puede correr perfecto ese emulador ya sabes a cual me refiero al IMBNES...
Es mejor ser odiado por lo que eres.... a ser amado por lo que no eres...
Imagen

Responder